Who are we? We are a volunteer-run makerspace for the visual arts, giving our community a space to learn & create, making the arts a part of their daily life. Schedule a workshop ($25+) to learn how to use the art lab equipment ($3 – $5/hour) or enjoy any of these Drop-In activities:
- Paint Your Own Pottery Studio with ready to paint ceramic pieces ($1.00 & up)
- Art Supply Store from fine art supplies to kid’s craft kits. Buy supplies or a craft kit and complete it at the Lab.
- Wooden creations that can be painted or collaged ($2.00 & up)
- Enjoy the Yellowstone Teton Gallery of Art, exhibiting local artists’ original works of art. Artists, click here for deadlines and themes.
- Reference Library of art books, view the library here.
- Free use of project tables in the art center’s quad, easels, paper cutters and more
- Creation Station full of crafty items ($1 donation per user suggested donation)
Scheduled activities & other offerings include:
- Workshops for all ages and abilities, including after-school programs.
- Get certified to use on of our 14 Art Labs ($25.00 & up). Click here to view our offering.
- Once certified to use a Lab, there are 14 drop-in Art Labs for rent at $3 – $5 per hour (see details below)
- Paint Parties and other Guided Group Activities, either at the Lab or on location. Have a Paint & Sip Party at your home or bring us to your workplace to guide one of 7 Group Art Parties! Get details here.
- The heated Mobile Art Lab bus carpools artists to our Field Trips, offered weekly from May to September. The bus also travels to the regions’ schools, parks, hospitals, etc., spreading the joy of art and is used.
- Artist Residency program & Art Center Director Exchange program with kitchen, shower facilities and private room for artists to stay 1 – 3 weeks.
- Gift Store with homemade crafts, local artists’ small works & local souvenirs
- Regional Distributor of bulk clay to schools & artists
- The Plein Air in the Parks program offering retreats to paint Yellowstone National Park and other national Parks & Monuments and State Parks.
More about our art labs: We offer drop-in, hourly rentals of art equipment in 14 different art mediums. Learn how to use the equipment with a Lab Certification Class (usually $25 – $35) then rent that Lab for $5.00/hour, $3.00/hour with a punch card or FREE with 3.5 hours/week of volunteerism.
OUR ART LABS INCLUDE :
- Ceramics (Paint Your Own Pottery)
- Lost Wax Metal Casting
- Hand Carved Block Printing
- Cartoon Animation (old-school cell or digital)
- Scroll Saw Woodworking
- Photography Darkroom for 35mm to 4″ x 5″ negatives
- Faceting gemstone cutting
- Painting in Oil, Watercolor, Acrylic, Pastel and more
- Screen Printing with Photo Emulsion and Vacuum Table
- Computer Arts for photo editing, illustration, graphic arts and more
- Paper Arts, paper making, cutting and embossing
- Vacuum Forming / Thermoforming (plastics, silicone and more)