ARTitorium on Broadway
Our vision is to provide welcoming, fun-focused, and imaginative experiences in the arts for kids and families, and to be a valuable and meaningful resource for caregivers and teachers across eastern Idaho.
- to inspire kids 0-12 years of age and their families to interact with, explore, and create art
- to embrace mess and noise as a mode of creativity
- to focus on hands-on, tactile, immersive, and play-based attractions
- to expand access for participation
- to give kids access and exposure to a wide variety of art experiences
- to encourage intergenerational experiences
- to collaborate with kids, caregivers, parents, teachers, and schools in developing exhibits and programs
ARTitorium on Broadway is housed in the old Rio Theater on West Broadway in downtown Idaho Falls. The Rio originally opened under the name of the Broadway in 1924, was renamed the Fox shortly after, and became the Rio in the mid-1930s. The theater closed in 2001.
The building was donated anonymously with the hopes that it would become a lively and fun place of kids in downtown Idaho Falls. Construction began on ARTitorium on Broadway in November, 2013 and was completed in June, 2014. It opened to the public on August 15 and 16, 2014.
ARTitorium is owned and operated by the Idaho Falls Arts Council, who also operates the Colonial Theater and Willard Arts Center.
ARTitorium on Broadway is another adventure from the Idaho Falls Arts Council .