Groomed Snowmobile Trail Systems You Won't Want to Miss
Eastern Idaho, a winter wonderland adorned with crystalline landscapes and trails, beckons all snowmobile enthusiasts to embark on an unforgettable journey. Let's rev up those engines and explore some of Eastern Idaho's best groomed snowmobile trail systems, promising an unparalleled experience through this snowy paradise.
Island Park's groomed trail system is an epic experience for snowmobilers
Two Top Mountain and Meadow Creek Loop is a must-see snowmobile trail that offers riders panoramic views of snow-covered peaks and valleys. The loop caters to adventurers of all skill levels, promising a thrilling and picturesque escapade.
Why It's a Must-Ride:
- Hundreds of miles of meticulously groomed trails provide a diverse and extensive network for exploration.
- Breathtaking 360-degree mountain views create a backdrop that's nothing short of awe-inspiring.
- Access to destinations like Lakeside Lodge and Two Top Mountain ensures every ride is a captivating adventure.
Where to Rent Machines and Gear:
Island Park offers several rental providers, ensuring you have options to choose from based on your preferences and needs. Local businesses like High Mountain Adventures , Island Park Adventures , and Lakeside Lodge provide a range of snowmobile options, from high-performance machines to family-friendly models.
Sled the "Bone" in Idaho Falls
Locals refer to the trail system in Bonneville County as the "Bone." Scenic vistas include Caribou Mountain, Commissary Ridge, Willow Creek and beyond. Enjoy a day observing wildlife or have a relaxing ride. Bring lunch and dine as you appreciate some beautiful landscapes on a nice winter day.
Why It's a Must-Ride:
- Conveniently located just 17 miles southeast of Idaho Falls, making it an accessible destination for winter enthusiasts.
- Varied trails cater to riders of all experience levels, from beginners to seasoned snowmobilers.
- There are warming huts located near Blackfoot Reservoir, Lava Creek and Caribou Guard State.
What to know:
Your normal season at Bone starts sometime in December, usually after the second or third big storm moves through Eastern Idaho. March and April riding is restricted to only those diehards willing to fight to get to the snow and with enough knowledge to understand how to access the higher elevations.
Caribou-Targhee National Forest features endless winter adventures
Experience the beauty of Bear Gulch to Mesa Falls on a groomed trail surrounded by snow-covered trees. The serenity of winter adds a magical touch to this natural wonder.
Embark on a snowy journey through the forest along the Mesa Falls Scenic Byway. Snowmobilers are in for a thrilling journey and will see the scenic grandeur of the Teton Mountain Range and the frozen majesty of Mesa Falls. The byway's groomed trails ensure a smooth and enjoyable ride, with opportunities to venture off the beaten path for those seeking a more adventurous deep snow experience.
Why It's a Must-Ride:
- Over 3 million acres of snowy terrain provide endless opportunities for exploration and adventure.
- Diverse trails cater to snowmobilers of all experience levels, ensuring there's a route for everyone.
- Access to stunning natural attractions like Upper Mesa Falls makes every ride a visual feast.
Carving Memories in Eastern Idaho's Snowy Paradise
Eastern Idaho's groomed snowmobile trails promise more than just a ride; they offer an immersive journey through winter landscapes. Whether cruising through Island Park's extensive system, exploring the trails in Idaho Falls, or venturing into the vastness of Caribou-Targhee National Forest , each ride is a snowmobile adventure waiting to be etched into your winter memories.
Stay and Play: Lodging Options
Discover a range of inviting accommodations in Island Park, Ashton, and Idaho Falls, where your stay can be as cozy as a cabin in the scenic wilderness or as comfortable as a well-appointed hotel. Island Park stands out for its diverse guest lodges, including favorites like Sawtelle Mountain Resort , Lakeside Lodge & Resort , and Eagle Ridge Ranch . Meanwhile, Ashton, Idaho, beckons with charming log cabin vacation rentals , and don't miss the allure of Fishing Bear Lodge . Find your perfect retreat and make memories that last a lifetime in these picturesque Idaho destinations!